NOWPDP partnered with the Government of Sindh – Special Education Department, Social Welfare Department, Labour Department and NADRA to host the Special CNIC Registration Drive that registered over 1,000 differently-abled citizens. The aim was to
- Eradicate the visits to three government departments – the customary process for obtaining a Special CNIC
- Offer a “one-window” operation to register the participants for their Special CNIC within a few hours
- Raise awareness about the rights of differently-abled that NOWPDP also highlighted through ‘Know Your Rights‘ Brochure.
NOWPDP is the implementation partner in the Registration Drive, by taking initiative for promotions, logistics and coordination with stakeholders and participants.This Special CNIC Registration Drive marked the beginning of a larger campaign by the partners to register 10,000 people with disabilities across Sindh for their Special CNIC.
It featured the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the partners for the registration campaign, in the presence of prominent government officials. The comparatively faster process enabled the recipients of the Special CNIC to avail the discounts and benefits offered by the Government. The partners will also be working to increase the benefits availed by Special CNIC holders.
- Department of Special Education, Government of Sindh
- Department of Social Welfare, Government of Sindh
- Department of Labour, Government of Sindh
- Blind Association for Pakistan
- Special Olympics Pakistan
- Disabled Welfare Association
- Karachi School for the Deaf
- Karachi Vocational Training Centre
- Aga Khan Social Welfare Board for Pakistan
- Umeed Special Academy
- Members of local special ability organizations and schools